Closure of SYC Clubhouse
Because of the Covid-19 pandemic, and in line with Government advice, please note that as of immediate effect, the Clubhouse is CLOSED to all members. We cannot guarantee currently recommended levels of cleanliness against potential coronavirus infection.
Boating at Kippford
If you wish to go boating, come changed, rig your boat and go out on the Urr. Pack up and go home – without visiting the Clubhouse.
Please note: the public toilets at Kippford may soon be closed.
Remember - there are no safety or tow boats! You go out at your own risk.
PLEASE CONSULT GOVERNMENT ADVICE FIRST; THIS MAY CHANGE ON A DAILY BASIS AND PRECLUDE UNNECESSARY TRAVEL
· Ensure that your boat is in good condition before setting out: check it each time
· Know the tide times, start of the ebb current and expected weather conditions
· Wear effective personal buoyancy, correctly worn with all straps secured
· Carry a secondary method of propulsion in case of engine/rigging break-down
· Carry an anchor to catch you if you start to drift
· Carry a radio/mobile phone, flare or effective means of emergency communication· Ensure that someone on land knows your voyage plan, destination and ETA, or use HM Coastguard’s ‘SafeTrx’ smartphone app: this logs your position and gives automatic alerts. Check this app out!
· Single-handers should not sail out on the tide alone: always have a ‘buddy’ (social-distanced, if relevant).
Cruiser owners / Craning-In
We will contact you again if / when circumstances change.
Best wishes – and stay safe.
Commodore, on behalf of SYC Committee.